Sunday 13 January 2013

TIME MANAGEMENT: MENTAL TECHNIQUES 1

Time Mgt Quadrant developed by Steven R. Covey

Program Your Subconscious Mind

There are several mental techniques that effective people use to program their subconscious mind for peak performance.
1. Use Positive Self-Talk
The first method that effective people use for programming their subconscious mind is positive self-talk, or the use of positive affirmations. Highly effective people use these commands that pass from their conscious mind to their subconscious mind. Affirmations are statements that you either say out loud or say to yourself with the emotion and enthusiasm that drives the words into your subconscious mind as new operating instructions. Here are some examples of affirmative commands that you can use to improve your time management skills.
Begin by repeating over and over to yourself, ‘‘I am excellent at time management! I am excellent at time management!’’ Any command repeated again and again in a spirit of faith, acceptance, and belief will eventually be accepted by your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind will then organize your words, actions, and feelings to be consistent with these new commands.
You can continually repeat, ‘‘I am always punctual for my appointments! I am always punctual for my appointments!’’ You can create your own mental commands, such as ‘‘I am well organized!’’ or ‘‘I concentrate easily on my highest payoff tasks!’’ My favorite time management affirmation is to repeat continually, ‘‘I use my time well. I use my time well. I use my time well.’’ Used consistently, positive affirmations will start to influence your external behaviors.
Culled from Brian Tracy International

I'll be sharing more on this topic in subsequent posts. 
Cheers.


follow me on twitter @muyiwaalesh

No comments:

Post a Comment